Auto Insurance AUTO Read More
Homeowners Insurance HOME Read More
Recreational Insurance RECREATIONAL Read More
Business Insurance BUSINESS Read More
Builders Risk BUILDERS RISK Read More
Life & Health  Insurance LIFE & HEALTH Read More

Insuring Recreational Vehicles


Does my homeowners insurance policy cover my recreational vehicle [golf cart, ATV, snowmobile, trail bike, go-kart, motorized toy car]?


Congratulations on your purchase! Be sure to read the instructions and safety manuals carefully so you can enjoy many hours of safe family fun with your new vehicle. We're glad you thought to ask us about insurance, as your homeowners policy may not provide all the coverage you need to protect the value of your vehicle or cover your legal obligations if the vehicle injures someone.

Your homeowners policy contains specific provisions that limit coverage on all types of motor vehicles, including recreational vehicles. These provisions vary from one policy to another, so we will need to know exactly what type of recreational vehicles you own and then provide you with information based on the specific policy you purchased. You may need a different type of homeowners policy or an additional special policy to provide the appropriate coverage for you.

If you own a golf cart, for example, some policies do not cover damage to the vehicle at all unless you pay additional premium. Other policies may cover some types of damage for a limited amount, but a special policy may be needed to provide full coverage for the full value of the vehicle. With regard to coverage for your legal obligations in case you injure someone while operating the golf cart, some policies only cover while using the vehicle for golfing purposes on a golf course.

Other recreational vehicles have similar coverage issues, depending on the type of vehicles you own.

Your agent will review your homeowners policy and let you know what kind of coverage you have now and what kind of additional coverage might be needed. 



This article was prepared and made available to your agent by the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas, which is solely responsible for its content. Please read your insurance policy. If there is any conflict between the information in this article and the actual terms and conditions of your policy, the terms and conditions of your policy will apply. The Independent Insurance Agents of Texas is a non-profit association of more than 1,800 insurance agencies in Texas, dedicated to helping its members succeed, in part by providing technical resources that explain insurance policies sold to their customers.


Posted 11:37 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This and all content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information in this material is not intended to be used as tax or legal advice. Please consult with a tax and/or legal professional for detailed information regarding your individual situation. Some of this material was developed and shared by Beal & Winn Insurance Agency, LLC to provide information that may be of interest. Beal & Winn Insurance Agency, LLC is not affiliated with the named representative, broker-dealer, state- or SEC-registered investment advisory firm. The opinions expressed and material provided are for general information, and should not be considered a solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security.
Blog Archive
  • 2017
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011

View Mobile Version
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder